If you do not see your name on the schedule and you submitted an application, please see Ms. J. It was an accident. No students who applied were intentionally left off the list.
NEWS CREW APPLICATION INFORMATION
The WMPE News crew is made up of 5th grade students. Each crew of students serves a designated time period on the morning news. (Time depends on amount of students applying for the crew).
There are 2 jobs for news duty:
2) teleprompter control (behind the scenes)
RULES FOR NEWS CREW:
1) You must be able to commit for the duration of your assignment and be able to arrive in the news room by 7:30 during your assignment.
2) Parents are not allowed in the news room but may watch the news from the media center.
3) News crew members MUST check in with their teachers prior to arriving at the news studio each morning.
4) Your homeroom teacher has the discretion to deny your privilege on the news crew team any morning for any reason.
To apply to be an anchor on the morning news, you will be required to submit a video of yourself reading the news.
Please use the Powerpoint below. Once you have filmed your video, you must submit it to Ms. J by utilizing 1 of the following methods:
1) Upload it to your parent's Youtube, Dropbox, Vimeo or any other video hosting site and send Ms. J the link @ firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Email Ms. J to give you the school's Youtube account information and you can upload it directly to the Mountain Park Youtube channel.
3) Go to your Office 365 account and upload the video to your OneDrive. Share the video with Ms. J using the share feature in One Drive.
DO NOT EMAIL THE VIDEO FILE. VIDEO FILES ARE TOO BIG TO EMAIL.